For students and researchers planning a study or research stay in Austria, Europe or worldwide as well as for universities the OeAD is often the first point of contact. In the year 2022 the OeAD answered more than 6,100 enquiries from students, researchers or from interested institutions.
We provide comprehensive advice by e-mail and telephone on questions about studying in Austria, scholarship opportunities and entry and residence regulations for students and researchers.
A focus of the past year was also Ukraine consulting. The Ministriy of Education and Research supports Ukrainian students and scientists with a special Ukraine grant. In the calendar year 2022, our staff answered more than 2,000 written inquiries and around 200 telephone inquiries via the Info Hotline in German or Ukrainian.
However, the services offered by the OeAD not only consist of answering enquiries but also include websites and databases with specific information about studying in Austria and scholarship opportunities, such as studyinaustria.at, studienwahl.at/en and grants.at. The oead.map is an online map that enables visualising the projects and scholarship holders funded by the OeAD. Moreover, we provide information for international researchers at euraxess.at.
- Information about studying in Austria: www.studyinaustria.at
- Overview of the study programmes offered at Austrian higher education institutions: www.studienwahl.at/en
- Austrian database for scholarships and research grants: www.grants.at
- oead.map: projects and alumni: www.map.oead.at
- Services and jobs for researchers: EURAXESS Austria www.euraxess.at
- Information about entry and residence for students and researchers
- Information for students and researchers from the Ukraine: studyinaustria.at/ukraine