EURAXESS - Researchers in Motion
Euraxess – Researchers in Motion is the portal to attractive research careers in Europe and a pool of world-class research talents. By supporting the mobility of researchers, Euraxess assists in establishing Europe as an area of excellence in scientific research. Here you find constantly updated job vacancies, funding opportunities and fellowships throughout Europe as well as career development ressources for you and your organisation. The portal assists you and your family to plan and organise your stay in the European research area.
What we do for researchers and research organisations The OeAD is partner of the European network – it acts as Austrian bridgehead organisation and Euraxess Centre (beside the Research Promotion Agency - FFG); the regional OeAD offices and the OeAD Housing Office are Euraxess Centres. The OeAD maintains the national Euraxess website www.euraxess.at.
- Information and counselling in the following fields
- Fellowships and research funding
- Visa, entry and residence permits
- Work permits
- Running of the networking platform Euraxess Meeting Point Vienna. The platform offers different tools to support exchange and collaboration of PhD students, post docs and researchers in the Vienna area in order to facilitate social integration of internationals.
- Collaborating as a partner in the EU project "Euraxess TOP III", Euraxess TOP IV. BRiDGE II and Euraxess Hubs. Our core activities in these projects are the following:
- Dual Career Service
The report “An Analysis of Dual Career and Integration Services (DCIS)” was produced within the project Euraxess TOP III with the goal of analysing as well as exchanging knowledge of best practice examples. A report maps the landscape of DCIS in six European countries (Austria, Denmark, Germany, Netherlands, Norway, and Switzerland) and provides a number of great general and local recommendations for those who are working with DCIS or just starting to implement services.
The OeAD coordinates the expert group for "Dual Careers and Social Integration" in the Euraxess TOP IV project. Starting in September 2019, a webinar on this topic will be offered every six months.
- Local networking between international and local researchers and their partners/families – Euraxess Meeting Point Vienna
- Refugee initiatives
The project results have been published in a Guide on Labour Market Integration of Refugee Researchers. The guide provides helpful information for refugee researchers on the integration in the European labour market and tools and resources for staff mentoring refugee researchers. Besides through euraxess.at refugee researchers can also access further information specific to the Austrian labour market as well as information on opportunities for refugees in the field of higher education in general.
- Network Call (organisation of national Euraxess events and activities, study visits, trainings for Euraxess members)
- Gender (focus in the projekt Euraxess Hubs from September 2021)
- Dual Career Service