Towards A Semantic Knowledge-based Question Answering System for Vietnamese Tourism
General Project Information
Cooperating countries: Vietnam and Austria
Coordinating institution: Assoc. Prof. Tuan-Dung Cao, Hanoi University of Science and Technology
Partner institutions: Prof. Andreas Rauber, Dr. Florina Piroi, Dr. Fajar J. Ekaputra, Peb R. Aryan, Technical University of Vienna
Project duration: 1 November 2020 - 30 June 2023
The goal of this project is to contribute to the sustainable development of Vietnam's tourism
sector. The project has two main missions:
- to enable the development of an open ontologybased knowledge base of tourism in Vietnam and
- to explore the possibility of using semantic web technologies to develop a smart tourism question-answering system on top of tthat knowledge base.
Thus the project promotes culture, history, famous landscapes and famous historical figures of Vietnam. The input resources to construct the knowledge base are
mainly in but not limited to Vietnamese language.
Contribution to Sustainable Development
The project aims for sustainable development in Vietnam's tourism sector and promotes
culture, history, famous landscapes and famous historical figures of Vietnam. It can partially
help Vietnam to achieve the following Sustainable Development Goals1, which are adopted by
the United Nations in 2015.
- Goal 4.7 By 2030, ensure that all learners acquire the knowledge and skills needed to promote sustainable development, including, among others, through education for sustainable development and sustainable lifestyles, human rights, gender equality, promotion of a culture of peace and non-violence, global citizenship and appreciation of cultural diversity and of culture’s contribution to sustainable development
- Goal 8.1 Sustain per capita economic growth in accordance with national circumstances and, in particular, at least 7 per cent gross domestic product growth per annum in the least developed countries
- Goal 8.2 Achieve higher levels of economic productivity through diversification, technological upgrading and innovation, including through a focus on high-value added and labour-intensive sectors
- Goal 8.9 By 2030, devise and implement policies to promote sustainable tourism that creates jobs and promotes local culture and products
- Goal 11.4 Strengthen efforts to protect and safeguard the world’s cultural and natural heritage