The OeAD GmbH is the central service centre for European and international mobility and cooperation programmes in the fields of education, science and research. The OeAD GmbH advises, promotes and provides support to strategic development and provides guidance to implementation measures. It analyses international development and uses this information to form recommendations and measures.
More than 50 years of international mobility, exchange and cooperation
For more than 50 years we have been in dialogue with students, researchers, lecturers as well as those involved in primary, secondary, vocational, adult and higher education. We build bridges between Austrian educational institutions and institutions all over the world. More than 200 employees both in Austria and abroad lend their expertise right across the educational chain. The annual total budget for the OeAD is around 60 million Euros. There are around 50 million Euros available for scholarships and funding programmes. The shareholder is the Federal Ministry of Education, Science and Research (BMBWF).
Overview of the main tasks of the OeAD:
- We coordinate a range of educational programmes such as Erasmus+, CEEPUS, Citizen Science and Sparkling Science.
- We coordinate international higher education marketing and represent Austria as a location for education and science around the world.
- We provide our target groups with the pertinent information, for example through www.grants.at (Database for grants and research funding), www.youngscience.at (Interface between schools and science) und www.euraxess.at (for researchers).
- We run national coordination, service and contact centres – for the Bologna Process, ECVET (the European Credit System for vocational training and education) Euroguidance, Europass, eTwinning, EPALE and the National Qualification Framework (NQR).
- The OeAD takes care of strategic tasks in international cooperation programmes and supports policy in relation to questions on the internationalisation of education, science and research.