The OeAD has Regional Offices in Graz, Innsbruck, Klagenfurt, Leoben, Linz, Salzburg and Vienna.
These offices have the following tasks:
- Service for scholarship holders of the federal ministries and other financing bodies (disbursement of scholarships, taking out of a health and accident insurance on behalf of the scholarship holders, guidance and help in dealing with the authorities, e.g. residence title, organisation of a leisure and cultural programme, etc.)
- Financial administration of projects
- Administration of the EU student mobility programme Erasmus (disbursement of grants to Austrian students and people in practical training).
- General information and guidance for international students and academics
- General information and guidance for Austrian students and academics regarding study or research abroad supported by grants