Austria is an ideal country for studying
A versatile cultural offer, the varied landscape, great social security, economic stability and a broad spectrum of educational options make Austria an excellent place to live and study.
Brief facts about Austria
- Area: 83.845 square km
- Inhabitants: 8.7 million (2016)
- Capital: Vienna
- Biggest cities: Vienna 1.8 million, Graz 270,000, Linz 193,814, Salzburg 146,600, Innsbruck 124,579
- Population: Austrians 81.1 percent, Germans 2.7 percent, Turks 2.2 percent, other 14 percent
- Neighbouring countries: Czech Republic, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Liechtenstein, Slovakia, Slovenia, Switzerland
- Famous Austrians Sigmund Freud, Wolfgang A. Mozart, Gustav Klimt, Maria Theresia, Lise Meitner, Elfriede Jelinek, Ingeborg Bachmann, Erwin Schrödinger, to name but a few.
More information about housing in Austria