IMPULSE Iran - Austria is based on a mutual interest to considerably improve knowledge exchange on an international level and to strengthen the international profile of the institutions involved. The aim of the programme is to stimulate joint activities and contribute to direct collaboration among universities, higher education and research institutions of both countries. Thus, the OeAD-GmbH and the MSRT will support the initiating phase of sustainable partnerships financially with means from their respective funds.
The Centre for International Cooperation and Mobility at the OeAD-GmbH will be in charge of administering all relevant programme procedures on the Austrian side. The Ministry of Science, Research & Technology will be in charge of the administration of all relevant programme procedures on the Iranian side.
Austrian and Iranian Higher Education Institutions – State Universities, Private Universities, Universities of Applied Sciences, University Colleges of Teacher Education and Research Institutions.
The OeAD-GmbH will cover the costs which arise on the Austrian side and the MSRT will cover the ones on the Iranian side.
- Max. 70% of the overall project costs, up to 30,000 EURO per partnership financed by both countries.
- 10% of the overall programme funding is allocated on projects dealing with issues of teacher education.
- Project duration of one year: maximum 20,000 EURO.
- Project duration of two years: maximum 30.000 EURO.
- Eligible cost categories are labour costs, travel & subsistence and other costs.
Further information for applicants:
For each partnership a project coordinator has to be nominated in Austria and in Iran. These coordinators will be responsible for the submission of the proposals.
The partnerships must be in line with the academic focus of the institutions internationalisation strategy. Thus a Letter of Intent from the leading management (e.g. rectorate) of all partner institutions has to be included in the proposal.
The call for applications is open until September 30th, 2017.
The selection meeting will take place in November/December 2017.
The projects will start from January/February 2018.
National Contact points in Iran
- Application Form IMPULSE Iran Austria.docx (86,0 KB)
- Template Letter of Intent IMPULSE Iran Austria.doc (26,5 KB)
- Budget sheet IMPULSE Iran Austria.xlsx (17,0 KB)
- Call Guidelines IMPULSE Iran-Austria.pdf (347,1 KB)
- Explanation of Funding Regulations (298,2 KB)