EURAXESS - Researchers in Motion
Euraxess – Researchers in Motion is the portal to attractive research careers in Europe and a pool of world-class research talents. By supporting the mobility of researchers, Euraxess assists in establishing Europe as an area of excellence in scientific research.
Here you find constantly updated job vacancies, funding opportunities and fellowships throughout Europe as well as career development ressources for you and your organisation. The portal assists you and your family to plan and organise your stay in the European research area.
What we do for researchers and research organisations
The OeAD is partner of the European network – it acts as Austrian bridgehead organisation and Euraxess Centre (beside the Research Promotion Agency - FFG); the regional OeAD offices and the OeAD Housing Office are Euraxess Centres. The OeAD maintains the national Euraxess website www.euraxess.at.
- Information and counselling in the following fields
- Fellowships and research funding
- Visa, entry and residence permits
- Work permits
- Running of the networking platform Euraxess Meeting Point Vienna. The platform offers different tools to support exchange and collaboration of PhD students, post docs and researchers in the Vienna area in order to facilitate social integration of internationals.
- Partner in the EU project "Euraxess TOP III", "Euraxess TOP IV" and "BRiDGE II". Core activities are:
- Dual Career Service
The report “An Analysis of Dual Career and Integration Services (DCIS)” was produced within the project Euraxess TOP III with the goal of analysing as well as exchanging knowledge of best practice examples. A report maps the landscape of DCIS in six European countries (Austria, Denmark, Germany, Netherlands, Norway, and Switzerland) and provides a number of great general and local recommendations for those who are working with DCIS or just starting to implement services.
The OeAD coordinates the expert group for "Dual Careers and Social Integration" in the Euraxess TOP IV project. Starting in September 2019, a webinar on this topic will be offered every six months.
- Local networking between international and local researchers and their partners/families – a Euraxess Family Network will be established in Vienna
- Refugee initiatives
- Network Call (organisation of national Euraxess events and activities, study visits, trainings)
- Dual Career Service