The OeAD supports pupils, teachers and the school system in the following way
A whole series of OeAD programmes and initiatives focus on schools and kindergartens.
Erasmus+, the educational programme of the European Commission, supports
- further education of teachers and other school staff
- cooperation of actors in education (higher education institutions, schools, authorities, NGOs, companies, …) to learn from each other or try something new
- partnerships between schools and kindergartens from different countries
- learning periods of youngsters (14 years or older) at partner schools abroad (this is only possible within the framework of school partnerships)
- networking of teachers and cooperation of schools in the virtual space via www.etwinning.net
all over Europe.
Sparkling Science and Young Science support cooperation between science and schools by means of:
- research projects in which scientists and pupils carry out research together
- the research contest Citizen Science Award, in which school classes send data, pictures or evaluations to research teams
- school visits of researchers
- the Young Science Thematic Platform for youngsters with more than 5,000 suggestions for topics for pre-academic papers and thesis projects
- the awarding of the Young Science Quality Label for research partner schools
- information about cooperation possibilities and events
The projects for cooperation between science and schools are funded by the Federal Ministry of Science, Research and Economy.