Validation of transversal skills across Europe – TRANSVAL-EU
The TRANSVAL-EU project addresses the complex issue of validation of transversal skills. On one hand, employers place an increasing importance on transversal skills. On the other hand, transversal skills are only an implicit part of the existing validation and guidance processes.
There is a need to make the validation processes of transversal skills acquired in non-formal and informal settings explicit and to embed the lessons learned in validation and guidance policies.
TRANSVAL-EU proposes to experiment innovative approaches for the validation of transversal skills acquired through non-formal and informal learning (VNFIL) in five pilot countries – Austria, Italy, Lithuania, Poland and Belgium.
TRANSVAL-EU will address the insufficient knowledge and awareness of counsellors and practitioners on innovative VNFIL methods and transversal competences; the limited professionalisation and experience of VNFIL staff in the field of validation of transversal competences. The project will build capacity of practitioners and counsellors as well as, when relevant, of other stakeholders on innovative VNFIL and transversal competences; and strengthen cross-sector cooperation between practitioners, policy-makers and other stakeholders in order to build coherent VNFIL systems.
TRANSVAL-EU intends to be one of the largest European policy experiments on VNFIL. The project has 16 partners from 7 countries.
The project partners will develop and test:
- a research base of good practices
- a set of training toolkits and programmes
- standardised competence profiles for validation/guidance practitioners with a specific focus on transversal skills.
The project started on February 28, 2021, it will last 30 months and is funded by Erasmus+ KA3 Policy Reform – Policy Experimentations. The project will receive a total of 1.9 million euros in funding from the Erasmus+ programme, of which Austrian partners will receive 600,000 euros.
Project title: Validation of transversal skills across Europe – TRANSVAL-EU
Funded by: Erasmus+ KA3 Policy Reform – Policy Experimentations
Duration: 30 months
Start date: 28/2/2021
Ende date: 31/8/2023
Partnership: 16 partners from 7 countries
1. Federal Ministry of Education, Science and Research throughAustria´s Agency for Education and Internationalisation (OeAD), Austria– Coordinator
5. Lifelong Learning Platform – LLLP, Belgium
7. Educational Research Institute (IBE), Poland
8. 3s research laboratory (3s), Austria
9. Vrije Universiteit Brussel (VUB), Belgium
10. Nordic Network for Adult Learning (NVL), Denmark
11. Lithuanian education and science trade union (LESTU), Lithuania
12. ALL DIGITAL, Belgium
13. FORMA.Azione, Italy
14. Pluriversum, Italy
15. Chamber of Labour for Salzburg (AK), Austria