Educational Cooperation with Eastern and South-Eastern Europe
On behalf of the Austrian Federal Ministry of Education, Science and Research the department of Educational Cooperation promotes exchange and cooperation between educational institutions in Eastern and South-Eastern Europe and Austria in order to support sustainable education reforms at the pre-university level.
The projects are implemented through five project offices located in Chisinau, Odessa, St. Petersburg, Sarajevo (responsible for Bosnia and Herzegovina, Montenegro, Serbia) and Tirana (responsible for Albania, Kosovo, Macedonia), which are headed by Austrian educational coordinators. For more informationsee this link.
The OeAD’s project partners include the respective ministries responsible for education and training at the pre-university level, education and vocational education and training agencies, teacher training institutions, regional education administrations, schools and other stakeholders in the OeAD’s partner countries and in Austria.
Moreover, the OeAD-GmbH supports the Austrian Federal Ministry of Education, Science and Research in implementing mobility programmes within the context of the Ministry’s "Service Centre for International Mobility Programmes" and in the coordination of Priority Area 9 of the EU Strategy for the Danube Region, " Investing in People and Skills".
- The OeAD-GmbH promotes innovative forms of peer learning within and between education systems to promote targeted change management.
- The thematic focuses are oriented on common priorities at the interface between national education developments and those at EU level. A priority area in this context is vocational education and training.
- Multilingualism and diversity are continually increasing at Austrian schools. The OeAD-GmbH promotes dialogue and cooperation between educational institutions in Austria and the main countries of origin of children with migration backgrounds.
Projects and Activities
In the context of its projects providing sustainable support for education reforms the OeAD-GmbH organises training measures and advisory services, peer learning activities, conferences, round tables and workshops focussing on the following subject areas:
- Implementation of effective quality development in education
- Development of practice-oriented and labour market-relevant vocational education and training with a special focus on promoting cooperation between vocational education and training and the business sector
- Development of new teaching and learning strategies to promote competence-based learning
- Increasing equal opportunities in education systems
- Promotion of educational networks to support change management
Der OeAD fördert innovative Formen des Lernens voneinander innerhalb und zwischen Bildungssystemen für ein zielgerichtetes Change Management. Nationale Bildungssysteme sind unterschiedlich. In einer zunehmend globalisierten Welt stehen sie jedoch vor ähnlichen Herausforderungen.
Die thematischen Schwerpunkte des OeAD orientieren sich an gemeinsamen Entwicklungsprioritäten an der Schnittstelle zwischen nationalen Bildungsentwicklungen und jenen auf EU-Ebene. Ein Schwerpunkt liegt im Bereich Berufsbildung. Mehrsprachigkeit und Vielfalt an österreichischen Schulen nehmen weiter zu. Der OeAD fördert den Dialog und die Kooperation zwischen Bildungsinstitutionen in Österreich und den Hauptherkunftsländern von Kindern mit Migrationsgeschichte.
The Austrian educational coordinators’ network:
The OeAD-GmbH maintains a network of project offices in Eastern and South-Eastern European partner countries on behalf of the Austrian Federal Ministry of Education, Science and Research for the implementation of sustainable projects. These offices are headed by educational coordinators, who have been directly delegated by the Austrian Federal Ministry of Education, Science and Research.
Coordination Office EUSDR
The OeAD supports the Austrian Federal Ministry of Education, Science and Research in its coordinating role of the educational priority of priority area 9 "To invest in people and skills" of the EU Strategy for the Danube Region. Priority area 9 (PA9) focuses on intensifying cooperation in the education and labour market sectors in order to contribute to a balanced socio-economic development of the Danube Region and to achieving the relevant EU 2020 and ET 2020 strategies.