Citizen Science for Policy across Europe
EU-Citizen.Science invites representatives from ministries across Europe to a discussion on Citizen Science and its benefits for policy making on June 22, 2021.
The main goal of this event is to develop collaborations between policy makers with Citizen Science interests.
- 11:00 - 11:05 Welcoming and introduction to the event by the EU-Citizen.Science Project coordinator and FECYT/Ibercivis (5’)
- 11:05 - 11:25 Block 1: Current state of citizen science across Europe introduced by Sven Schade, Scientific Policy Officer, Joint Research Center, European Commission (5’), followed by a discussion (15’)
- 11:25 - 11:45 Block 2: Promoting citizen science through the launch of national plans for funding citizen science projects introduced by Carmen Castresana, General Director of Research Planning, Spanish Ministry of Science and innovation (5’), followed by a discussion (15’)
- 11:45 - 12:05 Block 3: Overcoming the barriers to citizen science introduced by José Paulo Esperança, Vice-President of the Foundation for Science and Technology, Portuguese Ministry of Science and Technology and Higher Education (5’), followed by a discussion (15’)
- 12:05 - 12:25 Block 4: Science for the people, by the people – policy instruments to anchor citizen science in research and society introduced by Anne Overbeck, Policy Officer for Citizen Science, German Federal Ministry of Education and Research (5’), followed by a discussion (15’)
- 12:25 - 12.30 Concluding remarks (5’)